Rob

Lifejacket check

Whilst in the garage at the weekend I inflated mine. Still solid 2 days later, a check worth doing plus inspecting the cylinder for corrosion, ensure it is tight etc. I checked my safety knife was still sharp and the light was functional (damp towel across contacts).

Easy and essential!

Why not do yours!?!?!

Ra9f49c9a61a131ff284226d0975f208a.jpg

LGS Marine can offer professional lifejacket servicing, giving your lifejacket a thorough check and supplying it back with a certificate. This is worth doing every few years. Price to members of £9.60 inc vat per lifejacket, plus any parts if they need replacing (corroded cylinders, out of date capsules, etc). We can also supply all the relevant spare parts for re-arming kits, which are worth having on board just in case you get an inflation (genuine or accidental). 

Lifejackets can either be sent to us, or we can arrange collection (within reasonable travel from Fareham).

If this is of interest, let me know on 01329 550986 or stephen.merchant@lgsgroup.co.uk.

Steve

Hi Rob great to see you are checking your life-jacket ready for the season, could you confirm for me that the firing head is in date ,and the bottle is hand tight in the valve please. they do come loose during use. 

The firing head is about the only thing that need to be kept in date, if you carefully or slight twist the black firing head you can see the date, if its out of date unscrew and replace. cost a few quid , if your unsure ask Mike Fox or Dave Samuel's to have a look, they are both trained to inspect. Like i said before we wish everybody would check these at least yearly, so very well done.