Rob

Lifejacket check

Whilst in the garage at the weekend I inflated mine. Still solid 2 days later, a check worth doing plus inspecting the cylinder for corrosion, ensure it is tight etc. I checked my safety knife was still sharp and the light was functional (damp towel across contacts).

Easy and essential!

Why not do yours!?!?!

Ra9f49c9a61a131ff284226d0975f208a.jpg

LGS Marine can offer professional lifejacket servicing, giving your lifejacket a thorough check and supplying it back with a certificate. This is worth doing every few years. Price to members of £9.60 inc vat per lifejacket, plus any parts if they need replacing (corroded cylinders, out of date capsules, etc). We can also supply all the relevant spare parts for re-arming kits, which are worth having on board just in case you get an inflation (genuine or accidental). 

Lifejackets can either be sent to us, or we can arrange collection (within reasonable travel from Fareham).

If this is of interest, let me know on 01329 550986 or stephen.merchant@lgsgroup.co.uk.

Steve

Hi Rob great to see you are checking your life-jacket ready for the season, could you confirm for me that the firing head is in date ,and the bottle is hand tight in the valve please. they do come loose during use. 

The firing head is about the only thing that need to be kept in date, if you carefully or slight twist the black firing head you can see the date, if its out of date unscrew and replace. cost a few quid , if your unsure ask Mike Fox or Dave Samuel's to have a look, they are both trained to inspect. Like i said before we wish everybody would check these at least yearly, so very well done. 

After a slightly chastening inspection by Mike Fox, I'm pleased to say that both of mine cleaned up well and remained fully inflated for 24 hours. I have renewed the heads (out of date, hadn't realised there was a date on them) and the cylinders. Have a new one on order so one of the old ones will be demoted to spare.

Many Thanks to Dave,Mike and Carol for the LJ checks at the AGM

Just checking my Seago's  4 x175nm plus a junior 100nm size .

All auto heads way out of date (2011) but look perfect .

Gas cylinders weighed and all spot on and no corrosion(I also have 4 older ones that I use for spares as they show minimal signs of corrosion) Note each cylinder is engraved with a minimum gross weight so as long as at or above this they haven't discharged.

Crotch straps fitted to all and checked.

Checked the Srobe lights and Spray hoods which  fitted to 3 x175's all functional.

Just waiting to see if they will pass the 24hr inflation test now.

Afternoon,

If anyone needs help with spares let us know (cylinders, capsules, lights, etc). We can also offer professional lifejacket servicing for those that wish to go down this route, providing certification of test per lifejacket. 

Steve

2 hours ago, LGS Marine said:

Afternoon,

If anyone needs help with spares let us know (cylinders, capsules, lights, etc). We can also offer professional lifejacket servicing for those that wish to go down this route, providing certification of test per lifejacket. 

Steve

Bought 4 of these on Friday:

United Moulders Cartridge and clip set

Frightened me with the price.

I asked about spray hoods too.

What are your prices like ?

Jim

I need 4 of these as mine are out of date.

They're United Moulders, what price can you do them for?

united-moulders-cartridge-and-clip-set.jpg

Morning,

We can offer the following:

United Moulders Black Capsules - £5.90 inc vat

Halkey Roberts Yellow Capsule - £5.90 inc vat

Lifejacket Light - £9.50 inc vat

33g Cylinder - 7.20 inc vat

38g Cylinder - 7.90 inc vat

All these are in stock, so we can post these Royal Mail small parcel for £3.85 inc vat. 

If this is of interest, either email me at stephen.merchant@lgsgroup.co.uk or give me a call on 01329 550986. 

Steve

3 hours ago, Tiddler said:

Quote " United Moulders Black Capsules - £5.90 inc vat "

B*GGER ! :dissapointed_relieved:

How much for spray hoods ? for Seago lifejacket ( don't know if it makes a difference )

Double bugger, paid about £35 for two recharge kits at Force 4. :angry::angry:

Morning,

Lifejacket sprayhoods are generally universal and can be retro-fitted to most models. We stock the universal sprayhood from Ocean Safety as this seems to be the most generic. We can offer this for £18.50 inc vat (RRP £24.95) plus carriage. It sits in a small pouch attached to the lifejacket waistbelt: https://www.oceansafety.com/all-products/product/kru-universal-sprayhood

Let me know if you need more details. 

Steve

Well !

You seem to like upsetting me !

£ 5.90 for the capsules AFTER I've paid £10.50

Now £18.50 + postage for spray hoods when I can walk into Force 4 and pick them up for £18.95 :dissapointed_relieved:

https://www.force4.co.uk/seago-sprayhood.html?sqr=Universal Sprayhood&

---------------------------------------------------------

Seriously though.

Thanks for trying. :)

What is the spec for the Lifejacket Light please?

Thanks Steve.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I do my best to please. :grimace: We can offer you trade prices, whereas the chandlers will then have their margin markup (which is fair enough as they have to make a living, and often fight with the online guys). Although the sprayhood from Force 4 does seem good value. 

Re. the lifejacket lights, we stock the Daniamant WL3 (also known as the Apollo, as it is the yellow cased version): https://daniamant.com/products/wl3/

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I'll have 4 lights please.

I tried to find your web site but I failed the I Q test. :(

I had hoped to order online and pay by paypal.

I'm guessing that if I order 4 spray hoods it'll be extra postage.

Jim

Hi Jim.

Our retail website only has RRP on it, so I need to process orders for PBSBAC manually. I would not charge any extra postage if you took sprayhoods as well. 

Steve