Warrior Modifications

Adam F

Just thought I would post these for those who are interested in boat mods, and also a a future link - someone is bound to ask about these in the future....PBSBAC, a veritable nautical libary! tongue.gif

#1 - New Treadmaster decking installed. The 165's come with a glassfibre deck. Its ok, but can be slippy, boxes etc also slide around and it can be tricky to clean off dried dirt. 6 sheets of this evo-stuck down and trimmed into place. Ive had it installed for about a month now and well impressed. Its more comfortable, very grippy, and above all looks much better!

post-6-1118090214.jpg

# 2 - The latest mod - a shiney new removable transom rail from Stainless Peter.

Collected yesterday and fitted this evening. Now when travelling rods dont have to lie on the deck and get bashed around, they can be stored vertically out of the way. It carries 4, plus the 2 factory holders at the rear. It is on sockets also, so I can remove it when, either out not fishing just playing/cruising and also to get the tonneau cover on.

Warrior charge about

post-6-1118090454.jpg

#3 - Finally, I have just modified my livebait well that was added last year. The pump is now a perminent feature on the transom, siliconed and screwed and mounted on a purpose made mount. It is live wired to a switch on the dash, and has a perminent through hull fitting at the transom. I have fitted a 2 way valve, and carry 6' of hose with a Hozlelock spray nozzle attached. Now I have the option of running the live well, or at the flick of a switch turning on the deck wash. The excess water then runs into the sump where bilge pump no.2 pumps it out through the hull fitting.

Picture shows live bait tank and deck wash in-situe.

post-6-1118130844.jpg

All sounds excellent Adam - be interested in your views on the treadmaster mod in a couple of years time but would like to speak to you more about the rear rail - perfect for Phaeton too as I have a cover issue etc and you have beaten me to the washdown/ bait plumbing - well I have wired it all in and plumbed it but it only worked for a few seconds then 'stopped'. I have been able to take a water feed from the heads inlet and had a new parmax pump (5 years old) but something somewhere has failed!

Can you let me know a bit more about the rail? and the holders you have mounted to it - dead smart.

Hi Adam

All the mods look great

How do you get on with those style of rod holders, I have two very simular but I found the constant movement of them in the spline annoying so I removed them.

I have been considering putting them back onboard as keeping the rod buts up off the floor may be an advantage now the boys are bigger, and that advantage may outway the rod tips moving.

I have been considering getting a pair like James on DR, but they may put the rods to high.

Charlie

Charlie

Duncan - the rail is just a length of 316 SS with 90 deg bends at each end - the smart bit is the CNC machined solid billet polished sockets that it locates into. Mine is about 1500mm long, if you went longer you would need a central support/bar. The rod holders are just the normal adjustable types available from Nautiquipe or the various jumbles - I paid 8 squid each for 4. My deck wash only uses a 500 GPH Rule Bilge pump, simple set up and cheap to replace when it breaks -

Adam, Can't use the Rule (have one spare from previous live well system) as I need one 'in line' rather than picking up from an open water source.

Have used a hozelock outlet n the end of 1/2" pipe which takes either the pistol wash or plugs onto the bottom of a livewell tank on engine cover and a simple 3/4" outlet pipe feeds over the transom.

Will measure up over the weekend regarding the rail - yours certainly looks a neat installation.

KK,

I have the MK11 Warrior, which takes 2 x 25l tanks. I believe that you can also get a large single tanks, but I thought this would be to heavy to move when full. It also gives me the flexibilty of a seperate tank.

If you have the MK2 you will be the same, havent seen the MK1. Either this or you have need to get different tanks - mine are Quicksilver Marine jobbies.

Adam

Another useful little mod on stingray are 22mm plastic pipe brackets screwed to the strengthening ribs in the hull sides to carry 4 or 5 rigged rods horizontally in transit. On the opposite side are 15mm fittings for a mop and the rods that support the canopy.

On the opposite side are 15mm fittings for a mop and the rods that support the canopy.

Placemat

I have the same for my canopy rails, one tip is to wind some plastic tape around the rails at both ends to stop the rails sliding out of the clips when under way.

I have used Red for port rail, Green for starboard and black for the middle.

That way you always get the rods in the right order and you know it will go together when it starts to rain. wink.gif

Coddy

cool.gif

OR,

Just order a set of purpose made holders from me!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

http://www.pbsbac.co.uk/forum/index.php?sh...&hl=rod+holders

I made a set for Maverick also. Look much neater than pipe clip holders and do a great job, also dont limit the size of the equiptment you store.

This was one of the 1st mods I made.

Adam