jammy sod does it again

gruesome twosome

a trip out to the island paid of the first cod on sheila marie sorry it wasn;t frank but i got fed up waiting well it will probably be the last chance now until october but just to let you all know their were 4 other cod caught today so if any of you get chance make the most of it this week just look for the car park of the needles best of luck to you all see you at thursdays meeting trev

I've only seen two so far this winter; hope to have a go next weekend , if the calm weather holds ........... My neighbour was out today, somewhere near the Needles and [save for a few pout] blanked......... as did mant of the charters around him !!

Does anyone know of a run of cod / codling in the spring ??

Several years ago I had several in early May in the area between the Ledge and X-ray, quite close in where it drops off . With the focus on those big early bream are we missing the cod? I remember having good size cod and bass on the bottom of the boat on the same trip............. not that long ago ,'97 or '98 I think.

Alun.